If these questions haven't overwhelmed you, here's a couple posts I pursued them a bit further on:
- Do you have the right to live your own life, or not?
- Do you have the right to use the govt to live other people's lives for them, or not?
- Does it matter how sure you are that you'll improve their lives?
- Does it matter how sure they feel they are about improving your life?
- Are drugs the only area of our lives these questions apply to?
- If you haven't bothered to understand what your rights, and govt's limits, are, what's the likelihood that those with the power to violate them, for your own good (and theirs), will be bothered about violating them?
- Does expecting others to respect your rights, require anything in return from you?
The next time you give your support, or opposition, to someone's political opinion, ask yourself these questions.
I double-dare you to take the next step and ask them these quesitons.