But I wonder, how aware are you of how many fools are saying the very same thing?
Look at these seemingly unrelated issues,
- President Obama appeasing those who are offended by cartoons,
- Islamic terrorists slaughtering people for publishing cartoons,
- Catholic league president Bill Donohue: Those Cartoonists Had It Coming,
- Ferguson protesters raising a banner in the Missouri Senate Gallery saying "Pledge allegiance to black people",
- Black Panthers in Dallas saying kill the pigs,
- "Howard Dean: To Call the Charlie Hebdo Killers “Muslim Terrorists” Is Just Wrong"
- Ron Paul: French Foreign Policy Fueled Paris Terror Attack
- Sharia patrols telling British citizens how they must behave in their own land "where's my freedom in your going unclothed!" (or for that matter, "A hungry man is not free!" - same thought).
I blog on about this stuff ad nauseum, I'm gonna take the day off and give you a chance, so you tell me... what is the One in these Many foolishness's?
Let me give you a hint, if you think it has to do with race, or religion, or politics, you're being distracted by the shiny attention getters. And those shiny attention getters can make the fundamental issues appear to be different, but that's only because you're looking at them, instead of looking into them.
And that just will not do- those aren't the 'skills for the 21st century!'... or for any other time either.
Do these examples have wildly varying conscious motivations? Absolutely. Are they relevant?
No, not really.
Don't allow yourself to be distracted by inconsequential particulars, look through the surface to the principles which are driving them.
If you do not want the future to belong to fools, we'd better fill it with people who choose to think, and who choose to make sure that how they think valid, or in other words, those who fill our future will need to choose whether to make Progress, or Regress.
What do you think it will be? One more hint: It has to do with what they aren't concerned with.
The future hinges upon the choices you make today.